To shave or not to shave… down there!

Posted by Hayden Allen-Vercoe on Wed 20th September 2006 at 07:47 AM, Filed in General Dating

Shaving our never regions has never been so trendy and easy to do. Almost every beauty salon is ready to lift that hair giving you the cleanest possible anatomy.

According to some experts “40 percent of the female population in New York between the ages of 20 and 30 has a Brazilian wax.” There’s no doubt about it that it is certainly more attractive (to most men) as it is more hygienic and sexually appealing.  Gwyneth Paltrow has been quoted as saying her first Brazilian wax ‘changed her life’.

image
I love this tatoo!

If you are planning the next steps with a date then you may want to consider some of these ideas….

Brazilian
This wax traditionally leaves a small rectangle of hair, or ‘landing strip’, behind, though the latest trend is for a neat triangle instead. The Brazilian usually includes the waxing of the sensitive labia as well as between the buttocks, which is why it can feel a little more painful than a traditional bikini wax, though many people claim the pain isn’t much different. It is, of course, especially popular before we jet off on holiday, as it gives the impression of nothing there, even in the smallest of bikini bottoms.

Hollywood
You can trust those Hollywood gals to take it one step further. This is an everything-off wax, leaving you totally bare down there. For the very brave only.

Check out this online personal stylist service for more style advice.

Playboy
Somewhere between the the Brazilian and the Hollywood… not quite bare, but not far off, with only a very narrow strip being left at the front.

Something for the weekend
Get creative… what you got to lose.  You’d be astonished just how much you lower region comes into conversations with lads. Do something different and get remembered – A butterfly could be very sexual… and a great talking point.

When it comes to the lads having a trim… I’d be interested to get more female points of view please. A trim feels good, especially in summer. It’s more hygienic certainly, and feels nicer.

Not sure about full waxes downstairs for fellas, but if it tickles your fancy you may want to go to a salon and ask for a…

Back, Sack & Crack - The removal of hair from the back, nutsack and between the ass cheeks to achieve a more groomed and streamlined look. Usually done by waxing at a salon, or by various do-it-yourself means in the home setting.

‘Jason has been begging his girl to toss his salad, but she says she won’t get near it til he gets a Back, Sack and Crack’.

So to sum up, give it a go… what you got to lose. If it’s good enough for 40% of New Yorkans, then it’s ok for you!

Have you got a hillarious story to tell about a date that went terribly wrong? If so you need to go and Slate Your Date today!

This entry has been viewed 186273 times.

READER COMMENTS:

I have been waxing down south for years, its nothing new to me. not just Brizilian, i go all the way. i love it and so does my man.

Posted by abby  on Wed 20th September 2006 at 08:10 PM | #

Isn’t waxing like hellishly painful? Particularly in the groin crease?

Posted by Thomas  on Thu 21st September 2006 at 08:15 AM | #

Abby,

You sound like my kind gal! wink

Posted by ToyBoy  on Thu 21st September 2006 at 08:57 AM | #

Thank you ToyBoy. Most of us like it soft and smooth.

Posted by abby  on Fri 22nd September 2006 at 08:34 PM | #

I love that my husband trims it sexy to me when performing oral sex!
We trim each other as a form of forplay. I am not big on the Brazilian but I love the Hollywood!!

Posted by Lady bugg walker  on Thu 1st February 2007 at 11:45 PM | #

I never know what to do… and I think I’d feel strange baring, er, THAT to a stranger….. O.O

Posted by Jamie  on Tue 24th April 2007 at 03:28 AM | #

I find shaved/shaving is more hygenic and more pratical. Both my wife and I are total baldies below. Even before I met her, I hadn’t seen a pubic hair in over 15 years as I sort of ‘insisted on it’ with any partners I met… If they wasn’t shaved; we wouldn’t go any further. Most let me do the shaving, too smile

Posted by Steve  on Sat 28th April 2007 at 02:06 AM | #

Doesn Anyone know how much anaverage Hollywood wax costs? And doesnt it hurt like cazy?

Posted by Carley  on Sun 30th September 2007 at 05:41 PM | #

I have been getting a Male Brazilian for several years and love the look and feel afterwards.  It is only a bit painful and that is only 10-15 minutes of pain for a month of fun.

Posted by Rick  on Wed 9th January 2008 at 03:20 AM | #